What is Glutathione? Glutathione Treatment and Benefits
Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that has gained a great deal of attention for its purported health benefits.
Which One Is The Best Glutathione? Drops? Pills? IV?
While some people call attention to its anti-aging properties, others say it can treat autism, increase fat metabolism, and even prevent cancer.
Keep reading to learn more about glutathione and the related researches carried out.
What is glutathione?
It is the most powerful antioxidant compound naturally produced by our body. While glutathione protects all cells from the damage caused by toxic substances, whereas it allows the immune system, hormonal system, and cells to work at the highest level. With these features, it has miraculous effects that positively affect general body health, such as slowing down aging, providing skin beauty, and healing chronic diseases.
Risk factors that decrease glutathione level;
- Many negative factors may cause a decrease in the glutathione level naturally available in our bodies. The reduction in these levels causes the toxins (free radicals) formed in the cells to not be cleaned.
- Alcohol use,
- Consumption of processed meat and meat products,
- Poor and unbalanced diet,
- GMO foods, artificial sweeteners, food dyes, acetone, household cleaning products, chlorinated water, etc.,
- Chronic diseases,
- Antibiotic and painkiller use,
- Not exercising regularly,
- Prolonged stress,
- Anxiety disorder,
Balancing glutathione levels within normal limits is extremely effective in making the immune system work well, preventing rapid aging, and mitigating the risk of diseases such as intestinal diseases like colitis, cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases, and even cancer.
It is possible to increase glutathione levels through oral or intravenous supplementation.
Reducing toxin exposure and increasing healthy food intake also increase these levels naturally.
What are the benefits of glutathione IV?
It is a known fact that the most crucial reason for the following diseases is the accumulation and retention of toxic components produced in the body and the toxic substances we take from outside. Glutathione has been found to have incredible results in these diseases that occur as a result of cell damage and tissue deterioration.
- Autism, (It may reduce oxidative damage in children with Autism.)
- Chronic fatigue syndrome,
- Cancer, (several studies show its role in preventing the progression of cancer. However, they indicate that glutathione may make tumors less sensitive to chemotherapy, which is a common cancer treatment.)
- Reduces ulcerative colitis damage,
- High cholesterol,
- Osteoarthritis, (It may help fight autoimmune diseases. Chronic inflammation caused by autoimmune diseases may increase oxidative stress. These diseases include rheumatoid arthritis, celiac disease, and lupus. It helps reduce oxidative stress by stimulating or reducing the body’s immunological response.)
- Diabetes, (It may reduce the effects of uncontrolled diabetes. Prolonged high blood sugar is associated with glutathione deficiency.)
- Cardiovascular diseases, (It increases mobility for people with peripheral artery disease. Peripheral artery disease occurs when peripheral arteries become clogged by plaques. One study found that glutathione improves circulation and increases people’s ability to walk longer distances without pain.)
- Fatty liver disease, (It reduces cell damage in fatty liver disease. Cell loss in the liver may become severe due to this deficiency. It is shown that glutathione improves the protein, enzyme, and bilirubin levels in blood in individuals with chronic fatty liver disease.)
- Sleep apnea,
- Psoriasis,(It may reduce respiratory disease symptoms. N-acetylcysteine is a medication used to treat conditions such as asthma and cystic fibrosis. As an inhaler, it helps thin the mucus. Besides, it reduces inflammation.)
- Skin regeneration, (Increases antioxidant activity. Free radicals may cause aging and some diseases. Antioxidants help counteract free radicals and protect the body from their harmful effects. Glutathione is a very powerful antioxidant, because high concentrations may be available in every cell partly in the body.)
- Parkinson’s Disease, (It reduces the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Parkinson’s disease affects the central nervous system and is characterized by symptoms such as tremors. Currently, there is no cure for Parkinson’s disease. Even though more research is needed, it is claimed that glutathione may help reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and improve the quality of life in people with this disease.)
Apart from its positive effects in the prevention and treatment of these diseases;
- It supports immune function and helps fight diseases.
- Provides alcohol and cigarette detox.
- It provides the body with energy.
- It delays aging and even provides rejuvenation.
- Provides skin regeneration.
- It helps treat nevi.
- It increases muscle strength and strengthens connective tissue.
- It improves sleep quality.
- It supports the formation of sperm cells.
- It gives euphoria.
What are the symptoms of glutathione deficiency?
Patients with low glutathione levels may experience:
- Chronic fatigue
- Sleep problems
- Common diseases
- Concentration impairment
- Painful joints
- Mood instability or depression
- There are also many chronic disease conditions associated with glutathione deficiency. Autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, heart disease, skin disorders, and many other conditions are associated with low glutathione levels, and many prescription medications to treat these conditions may lower these levels even further.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor before IV infusion.
Is glutathione IV therapy (IV infusion) better than oral supplements?
- In addition to being produced naturally by the body, glutathione can be administered intravenously, topically, or inhalantly. It is also available as an oral supplement in capsule and liquid form.
- Oral supplements may cause side effects in the digestive system and lose their effectiveness significantly.
- The generally accepted and most effective form of administration is intravenous glutathione which is IV infusion. In this way, it quickly enters the bloodstream and gets transported throughout the body, including the brain, heart, lungs, and muscle tissue, so your cells can benefit from its detoxifying and protective properties.
- A high percentage of intravenous glutathione is absorbed by the body.
- You feel the benefits of intravenous supplements faster.
- Patients who consume foods containing glutathione orally may experience digestive problems, including abdominal cramps and bloating. But the intravenous infusion of glutathione bypasses the digestive tract entirely, thus it delivers the main antioxidant directly to your cells. Therefore, most patients receiving intravenous glutathione therapy encounter no side effects.
Unfavorable sides of intravenous glutathione:
- It may not be suitable for those who have trypanophobia.
- It may not be suitable for people with poor liver function and kidney function values. It is necessary to consult a physician.
- As with all medicines, there may be a risk of side effects, despite being very low.
- While glutathione supplementation is suitable for some people, it may not be safe for everyone and may interact with other medications a person is taking.
You can get information from your physician to determine if it is suitable for you.
However, following a diet rich in Glutathione-boosting foods does not pose any risks.
Glutathione prepared in 50cc IV is administrated intravenously within 15-20 minutes, by a nurse. Vitamin C may be added to the IV prepared to increase its effect.
If you are interested in intravenous glutathione therapy, simply contact one of our representatives at Medical Center.
How often should glutathione IV be administered and how many doses should be administered?
For the best results, intravenous glutathione administration is appropriate once or twice a week for 4-8 weeks. The positive effects of the application can be observed after 3 weeks at the earliest.
The best glutathione brand;
Before the administration, it should be checked whether it has a brand, origin, and required approvals.
Glutathione IV price ranges;
Intravenous glutathione administration must be done by getting services from health institutions. Session prices vary according to the brand of the product used, the vitamins added to the serum, the material used, and the method of application.
Please contact us to get information about the prices of intravenous glutathione.
Which Nurse Service Would You Like To Get?
Choose one of the home nursing services you need, share it with us with your contact information. Let us call you as soon as possible with our health consultants.